SAVANNAH, Ga. (AP) - Food Network says it won't renew Paula Deen's contract after she admitted she used racial slurs in the past.
Deen issued a video apology earlier on Friday. The TV cook said she wanted to apologize "for the wrong that I've done" and that she wanted to learn and grow from the incident.
While questioned last month in a discrimination lawsuit, the 66-year-old Food Network star admitted to having used racial slurs in the past, but insisted she and her family do not tolerate prejudice.
In the video apology posted on YouTube, Deen said "inappropriate, hurtful language is totally, totally unacceptable."
The Food Network's decision came late on Friday.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Deen issued a video apology earlier on Friday. The TV cook said she wanted to apologize "for the wrong that I've done" and that she wanted to learn and grow from the incident.
While questioned last month in a discrimination lawsuit, the 66-year-old Food Network star admitted to having used racial slurs in the past, but insisted she and her family do not tolerate prejudice.
In the video apology posted on YouTube, Deen said "inappropriate, hurtful language is totally, totally unacceptable."
The Food Network's decision came late on Friday.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)