DAYTON---The suspicious death of a Dayton man found dead inside his home has now been ruled a homicide.
The Montgomery County Coroner's office performed an autopsy Thursday and ruled the death a homicide by multiple gunshot wounds.
The body of Oscar Beason, 95, was found late Wednesday afternoon at a home on Hochwalt Avenue. Officers put crime tape up around the home and called in detectives and crime scene investigation crew.
Police say the man's body was found at the bottom of the basement stairs.
We spoke with the man's son who told us his dad was a very vibrant 95, and had worked on his roof as recently as last summer. He was also an Army veteran and had fought off a home invader about 10 years ago. The man had been staying by himself recently, because his wife of 50 years was having health problems.
We spoke to Beason's son, Keith, outside the home, he was shaken by the loss of the man who he says taught him everything, ''Great man, strong as an ox still, and for this to happen to him, it's just wrong.''